Willow Run Cares Foundation
Over the past 25 years, Willow Run Golf Course with its Ownership and Management Team have helped raise over $5 million dollars for charitable and civic organizations. As a team, we have made a decision to formalize our efforts. We want to insure that these efforts become an integral part of Willow Run’s altruistic heritage and culture both now and in the future.
Together with our Willow Run Team, Corporate Partners and Supporters, the focus of the Willow Run Cares Foundation will be:
- Help develop values, character, and leadership qualities with mentoring relationships through involvement with golf-related programs and efforts.
- Assist in providing support, leadership, and financial assistance for golf related programs and efforts for children and families.
- Facilitate and gather used golf clubs and retool them for children’s golf programs.
- Assist our Corporate Partners, Members, and Supporters in their efforts with their children and family golf-related programs.
Willow Run Cares Foundation will also set up the Willow Run Cares Foundation Endowment Fund. This will help to build and sustain the mission of the Willow Run Cares Foundation. We welcome investments and donations to the Willow Run Cares Foundation. Although we are currently working through the Bankruptcy Court in acquiring Willow Run, we are moving ahead with a “Re-Grand Opening” of Willow Run in Mid-July. We will be hosting the Willow Run Challenge, which will benefit our 5 Sioux Falls high schools and 2 colleges’ golf programs. What we’re thinking of is:
- Have each school and college put together a foursome of some of the best supporters. Each person can be a guest or the spots can be auctioned off.
- We would assign a Long Drive Celebrity to each Team at a reception the night before the competition, clinics, and exhibitions.
- The day of the competition, we would have a clinic and exhibition for the golfers and coaches in the morning.
- After the clinic, the seven teams would do a shotgun start with a “Step Aside Scramble” format. We would have awards for 1st-7th place.
- Later that afternoon, we would hold a clinic and exhibition for the public with tickets at $10 for adults with the proceeds being divided among the 7 schools.
- We would have our Willow Run Corporate Partners and supporters fund all expenses so 100% of the money raised would go to the 7 schools’ golf programs.
For further information or contribution, please contact Tom Walsh, Dave Hanten, or Larry Gunia at email@example.com or (605) 335-5900.
- Tom Walsh Sr.- President
- Dave Hanten- Vice President, Secretary
- Larry Gunia- Vice President, Treasurer